Small business owners are always looking for effective, inexpensive ways to promote their product or service on the internet. One of the most effective methods is plain old email.
Think email is outmoded? Here are some surprising statistcs.
1) Email marketing yields an average 4,300% return on investment for businesses in the United States. (Direct Marketing Association)
2) Companies using email to nurture leads generate 50% more sales-ready leads and at 33% lower cost. And nurtured leads, on average, produce a 20% increase in sales opportunities compared to non-nurtured leads. (Hubspot)
Recommended for YouWebcast: Your Viral Voice: How to Create Conversations that Convert to Sales
3) Small business owners estimate that getting an extra hour in their day back from doing their own email marketing (and other activities) is worth $273/hour. (Constant Contact)
4) For every $1 spent on email marketing, the average return on investment is $44.25.
5) Marketers consistently ranked email as the single most effective tactic for awareness, acquisition, conversion, and retention. (GigaOM Research)
6) Email conversion rates are three times higher than social media, with a 17% higher value in the conversion. (McKinsey & Company)
7) Email is nearly 40 times better than Facebook and Twitter at acquiring customers. (McKinsey & Company)
8) 70% of people say they always open emails from their favorite companies. (ExactTarget)
9) 95% of those who opt into email messages from brands find these messages somewhat or very useful. (Salesforce)
Read more at http://www.business2community.com/email-marketing/10-shocking-stats-prove-business-needs-email-marketing-01171168#x4IYhXUpmyrTGUot.99